I am familiar with the current edition of the building regulations and do the Architectural drawing work involved in the application. I have a Chartered Structural Engineer that does the structural calculations that are required and work along with him on my projects. This is the most costly period of a building projects  application and design so the details have to be accurate for the building team to work to and for Building Control to inspect on site. It's when the project is on site that these plans can get changed on a regular basis by the demand of a Building Control Officer. An Officer has the power to get the building constructed as he/she sees fit and the builder and Architect has to adhere to whatever his opinion is. Building Contol is either a local authority team or is sub contracted by them. 



6 Calder Vale as existing

6 Calder Vale rear extension